Accurate temperature measurements are clearly displayed on an LCD readout on the faceplate, from -20ºC to +125ºC. Water level and probe depth measurements are read off the Solinst durable PVDF flat tape. Tape lengths are available up to 2000 ft (600 m).
Water Level Temperature Meter Features
• Accurately measure temperature from -20ºC to +125ºC
• Tape lengths to 2000 ft (600 m)
• Corrosion and chemical-resistant PVDF flat tape
• Standard 9V alkaline battery gives 90 hours of use
• Automatic shut-off after 8 minutes
• Sturdy, standalone reel with ergonomic handle and brake
• No user calibration is required
Water Level & Temperature Applications
Water temperature has a direct affect on the biological activity of aquatic plants and animals, as well as many aspects of water quality and chemistry; therefore, it is an important parameter to monitor.
The Model 201 Water Level Temperature Meter is ideal for:
• Profiling temperature in wells and open water
• Detecting runoff, points of inflow, or other sources of thermal pollution
• Early warning of changes in water quality, including dissolved oxygen levels and conductivity
• Monitoring and predicting changes in aquatic environments
• Geothermal drilling and studies
Water Level & Temperature Probe
The 201 Water Level Temperature Meter Probe is made of high quality 316 stainless steel. The pressure-proof probe can be submerged to 1000 ft (300 m). The zero measurement point on the probe is close to the tip, keeping water displacement at a minimum.
The temperature sensor is located at the stainless steel tip of the probe, however, since the probe body acts as a heat sink, best accuracy is obtained when the probe is completely submerged. The tape seal plug design allows the probe to be easily replaced, if required.